Funding the refurbishment of the New Integrated Paediatric Unit Croydon University Hospital
The new Oncology Unit will create modernised single en-suite bedrooms and an uplifting and comfortable environment that will transform the experience for patients and families – many of whom spend up to six months undergoing treatment. What’s more, the unit will provide access to specialist therapy areas, support spaces and operational and administrative facilities for medical teams.
This critical project will transform paediatric oncology care services for the whole of Croydon:
• Increasing quality of care and patient safety.
• Improving patient experience and support for families.
• Enhancing workplace conditions for medical teams.
“The new Oncology Unit will make a huge impact on the children of Croydon, ensuring they are able to receive expert care, close to home during an incredibly difficult time in their lives. The oncology unit will form part of the Trust’s new state-of-the-art integrated unit, bringing together inpatient, day surgery and short stay wards into one dedicated space and making caring for Croydon’s children as seamless as possible.”
David Garrett, Croydon University Hospital
Find out more from our ambassadors Nish Kumar and Melissa
Your support will allow us to invest in:
- Four spacious bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
- Fully effective isolation layout to ensure infection control.
- Specialist therapy facilities such as therapeutic play areas.
- A vibrant and uplifting environment.
- Improved equipment and storage facilities.
- Family spaces and facilities (kitchen, rest and day visiting areas).
- A team base for medical staff (including kitchen and hot desks).